TECHNOSAT

  • ernest troughton
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2004
      Hi Has anyone in the group had these problems with Technosat PCI card

      Equipment is AMD athlon 2000 xp chip
      512 ddr ram
      Geforce 4 440 64 mb video card
      80 gig hard drive
      17 " lcd screen
      1 meter motorised dish
      .3 lnb
      I have owned the DVB card for about a month, but have not yet received
      any pics on it.I have installed and re-installed the software numerous
      times, to no avail.I have downloaded updates for everything. I get a
      signal level of 83 snb 12-3, I do get teletext. When I try for
      programs I get "cannot play this program".I normally use Apple
      computers. but have invested in a PC in the hope of joining your group
      and hopefully receiving EUMETSAT on hotbird.

      Any/all info would be greatly appreciated
      Thanks Ernie (G0VNV)
    • Alan Sewards
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2004
        Get ProgDVB software - the stuff sent out with the card is no good for TV.

        Alan

        > Hi Has anyone in the group had these problems with Technosat PCI card
        >
        > Equipment is AMD athlon 2000 xp chip
        > 512 ddr ram
        > Geforce 4 440 64 mb video card
        > 80 gig hard drive
        > 17 " lcd screen
        > 1 meter motorised dish
        > .3 lnb
        > I have owned the DVB card for about a month, but have not yet received
        > any pics on it.I have installed and re-installed the software numerous
        > times, to no avail.I have downloaded updates for everything. I get a
        > signal level of 83 snb 12-3, I do get teletext. When I try for
        > programs I get "cannot play this program".I normally use Apple
        > computers. but have invested in a PC in the hope of joining your group
        > and hopefully receiving EUMETSAT on hotbird.
        >
        > Any/all info would be greatly appreciated
        > Thanks Ernie (G0VNV)
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Ian Deans
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2004
          Ernie,

          I assume you are trying to view TV programs on TV4PC. One problem that did arise with the software for this card was that people using Windows Media Player 9 had to load in a patch to get the TV programs to work on TV4PC. I don't know if this issue was resolved with the latest software or not, but the patch should be included. Also remember to disable encrypted channels as trying to view them will also give you that message. There are far more encrypted channels than there are free to air.

          Hope that helps.

          Regards
          Ian.
        • ernest troughton
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 2, 2004
            Thanks for replies could not find a patch for medi player 9 so put
            prog dvb 4 on and it works fine

            Ernie