NOAA 16 HRPT Transmitter.

  • Douglas Deans
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2 12:05 PM
      NOAA have advised that NOAA 16's STX1 transmitter power has dropped from
      9.623W to 2.196W with accompanying temperature drop.
      STX1 is the HRPT transmitter. As the transmitter appears to be operating
      nominally at the new reduced power NOAA will stay with the current
      configuration.
      In my opinion it is likely, particularly for amateur stations with lesser
      antennas, that the substantial drop in power will be noticed.

      Regards,
      Douglas.
    • Jordi Mas
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 8 12:46 PM
        Hello Douglas.

        The level of the signal received from NOAA 16 has dropped considerably. I'm
        working with parabola of 1.2 mts. Here's an example of two images with
        reduced format to avoid unnecessary large size, the first is from a few days
        with high and power of this weekend with the power reduced. The surface I
        can get now without noise is 30% lower.
        I hope he can recover to its former power.

        Greetings.

        Jordi
        -BARCELONA-