Re: Electronic Only GEO Membership

  • fbreame
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1 4:28 AM
      --- In GEO-Subscribers@yahoogroups.com, Nigel Heasman <nigel@...> wrote:

      > On 31/03/13 15:42, Alan Banks wrote:
      > > Hi All
      > > and Happy Easter
      > >
      > > GEO has introduced a reduced rate subscription for those unable to
      > > afford high postage costs, particularly overseas. This provides internet
      > > only access to the GEO Quarterly.
      >
      > Hi Alan,
      > that's wonderful news - I shall certainly be taking up the offer!
      > Just a thought - will it be possible to transfer an existing
      > subscription to the new electronic version - not to reclaim any money
      > but to get
      > faster and more reliable access to the Quarterlies as they are published?
      > Nigel

      I wonder if it would be feasible for all members to have access to the online version - just that online-only people won't get the printed version.

      I generally like online publications - particularly for saving space, apart from the convenience of carrying them all around in a single device! I wish RadCom would go that way! (GEO is a little different in that it contains a lot of high quality colour images which are particularly suited to the printed version, as long it remains financially viable.)

      Francis Breame
    • Alan Banks
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1 5:34 AM
        On 01/04/2013 09:56, Giuseppe Cico wrote:

        > Hello Alan,
        > maybe I will apply to the new electronic subscrition at reneval time.
        > I say "maybe" because I still like reading on a paper magazine as I do
        > on a newspaper, even if I usually have a look at news on the web.
        > Anyway a pdf file is better for archive without having tons of paper
        > growing in years, so I apply for electronic bills or bank statements,
        > every time it's possible.
        > Why don't make pdf GeoQ available to any subscriber?
        > Something like "web only" or "full (paper/web)" subscription.
        > Ciao from cloudy Torino
        > Giuseppe

        Hi Giuseppe,
        What you have suggested is a possibility. The management team will no
        doubt discuss this at its next meeting.
        Cheers from cold and slightly cloudy Cheshire
        Alan
      • Alan Banks
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1 5:40 AM
          On 01/04/2013 11:28, fbreame wrote:
          > I wonder if it would be feasible for all members to have access to the online version - just that online-only people won't get the printed version.

          Hi Francis
          This will be discussed at the next meeting of GEO Management Team.
          Regards
          Alan
        • Dermot
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 1 5:48 AM
            Hi,

            Can you tell me what the OnLine Subscription will be ???

            Regards

            Dermot EI9DC

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 1 5:53 AM
              On 01/04/2013 12:48, Dermot wrote:
              > Hi,
              >

              > Can you tell me what the OnLine Subscription will be ???
              >

              > Regards
              >

              > Der
              Hi
              Its on the website
              and will be £15
              see
              > http://www.geo-web.org.uk/join.php
              Cheers

              Alan
            • Dermot
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 1 9:28 AM
                Thanks, Alan I am due for renewal shortly

                > Can you tell me what the OnLine Subscription will be ???
                >

                > Regards
                >

                > Der
                Hi
                Its on the website
                and will be £15
                see
                > http://www.geo-web.org.uk/join.php
                Cheers

                Alan

              • Ulrich G. Kliegis
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 22, 2013
                  Hi All,

                  Just curious if I missed something again. I did not change my subscription, so I
                  assumed so far to get the Quarterly furtheron in printed form - Q37 was the last
                  issue to make it here, though.

                  Cheers,
                  U.

                  An: <GEO-Subscribers@yahoogroups.com>
                  Von: "fbreame" <vf0123@...>
                  Datum: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 11:28:30 -0000
                  Antwort an: <GEO-Subscribers@yahoogroups.com>

                  > --- In GEO-Subscribers@yahoogroups.com, Nigel Heasman <nigel@...>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > On 31/03/13 15:42, Alan Banks wrote:
                  > > > Hi All
                  > > > and Happy Easter
                  > > >
                  > > > GEO has introduced a reduced rate subscription for those unable
                  > > > afford high postage costs, particularly overseas. This provides
                  > internet
                  > > > only access to the GEO Quarterly.
                  > >
                  > > Hi Alan,
                  > > that's wonderful news - I shall certainly be taking up the
                  > offer!
                  > > Just a thought - will it be possible to transfer an existing
                  > > subscription to the new electronic version - not to reclaim any
                  > money
                  > > but to get
                  > > faster and more reliable access to the Quarterlies as they are
                  > published?
                  > > Nigel
                  > >

                  > I wonder if it would be feasible for all members to have access to
                  > the online version - just that online-only people won't get the
                  > printed version.
                  >
                  > I generally like online publications - particularly for saving
                  > space, apart from the convenience of carrying them all around in a
                  > single device! I wish RadCom would go that way! (GEO is a little
                  > different in that it contains a lot of high quality colour images
                  > which are particularly suited to the printed version, as long it
                  > remains financially viable.)
                  >
                  > Francis Breame
                  >

                  > ------------------------------------
                  >
                  > GEO only accept Paypal
                  >
                  > Contact info: http://www.geo-web.org.uk/contacts.htmlYahoo! Groups
                  > Links

                • David Anderson
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 22, 2013
                    Ulrich,

                    I have sent a reply to your personal email address.

                    Best wishes,

                    David Anderson
                    Membership Secretary

                    Von: "fbreame" <vf0123@...<mailto:vf0123%40btinternet.com>>