Re: [GEO-Subscribers] Electronic Only GEO Membership

  • Giuseppe Cico
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1 2:56 AM
      On 2013-03-31 14:42, Alan Banks wrote:

      > Hi All
      > and Happy Easter
      >
      > GEO has introduced a reduced rate subscription for those unable to
      > afford high postage costs, particularly overseas. This provides
      > internet
      > only access to the GEO Quarterly.
      > This extract from the website.
      >
      >> http://www.geo-web.org.uk/ [1]

      > Electronic Membership
      >
      > From tomorrow 1st April 2013 access to the GEO Quarterly will be made
      > available to members paying a reduced rate subscription.

      > GEO Q is made available as a .pdf file. It is normally 9MB. Before
      > taking out a reduced subscription, it would be advisable to ensure
      > your
      > internet connection will download such a large document safely.

      Hello Alan,
      maybe I will apply to the new electronic subscrition at reneval time.
      I say "maybe" because I still like reading on a paper magazine as I do
      on a newspaper, even if I usually have a look at news on the web.
      Anyway a pdf file is better for archive without having tons of paper
      growing in years, so I apply for electronic bills or bank statements,
      every time it's possible.
      Why don't make pdf GeoQ available to any subscriber?
      Something like "web only" or "full (paper/web)" subscription.
      Ciao from cloudy Torino
      Giuseppe
    • fbreame
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1 4:28 AM
        --- In GEO-Subscribers@yahoogroups.com, Nigel Heasman <nigel@...> wrote:

        > On 31/03/13 15:42, Alan Banks wrote:
        > > Hi All
        > > and Happy Easter
        > >
        > > GEO has introduced a reduced rate subscription for those unable to
        > > afford high postage costs, particularly overseas. This provides internet
        > > only access to the GEO Quarterly.
        >
        > Hi Alan,
        > that's wonderful news - I shall certainly be taking up the offer!
        > Just a thought - will it be possible to transfer an existing
        > subscription to the new electronic version - not to reclaim any money
        > but to get
        > faster and more reliable access to the Quarterlies as they are published?
        > Nigel

        I wonder if it would be feasible for all members to have access to the online version - just that online-only people won't get the printed version.

        I generally like online publications - particularly for saving space, apart from the convenience of carrying them all around in a single device! I wish RadCom would go that way! (GEO is a little different in that it contains a lot of high quality colour images which are particularly suited to the printed version, as long it remains financially viable.)

        Francis Breame
      • Alan Banks
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1 5:34 AM
          On 01/04/2013 09:56, Giuseppe Cico wrote:

          > Hello Alan,
          > maybe I will apply to the new electronic subscrition at reneval time.
          > I say "maybe" because I still like reading on a paper magazine as I do
          > on a newspaper, even if I usually have a look at news on the web.
          > Anyway a pdf file is better for archive without having tons of paper
          > growing in years, so I apply for electronic bills or bank statements,
          > every time it's possible.
          > Why don't make pdf GeoQ available to any subscriber?
          > Something like "web only" or "full (paper/web)" subscription.
          > Ciao from cloudy Torino
          > Giuseppe

          Hi Giuseppe,
          What you have suggested is a possibility. The management team will no
          doubt discuss this at its next meeting.
          Cheers from cold and slightly cloudy Cheshire
          Alan
        • Alan Banks
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 1 5:40 AM
            On 01/04/2013 11:28, fbreame wrote:
            > I wonder if it would be feasible for all members to have access to the online version - just that online-only people won't get the printed version.

            Hi Francis
            This will be discussed at the next meeting of GEO Management Team.
            Regards
            Alan
          • Dermot
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 1 5:48 AM
              Hi,

              Can you tell me what the OnLine Subscription will be ???

              Regards

              Dermot EI9DC

              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 1 5:53 AM
                On 01/04/2013 12:48, Dermot wrote:
                > Hi,
                >

                > Can you tell me what the OnLine Subscription will be ???
                >

                > Regards
                >

                > Der
                Hi
                Its on the website
                and will be £15
                see
                > http://www.geo-web.org.uk/join.php
                Cheers

                Alan
              • Dermot
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 1 9:28 AM
                  Thanks, Alan I am due for renewal shortly

                  > Can you tell me what the OnLine Subscription will be ???
                  >

                  > Regards
                  >

                  > Der
                  Hi
                  Its on the website
                  and will be £15
                  see
                  > http://www.geo-web.org.uk/join.php
                  Cheers

                  Alan

                • Ulrich G. Kliegis
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 22, 2013
                    Hi All,

                    Just curious if I missed something again. I did not change my subscription, so I
                    assumed so far to get the Quarterly furtheron in printed form - Q37 was the last
                    issue to make it here, though.

                    Cheers,
                    U.

                    An: <GEO-Subscribers@yahoogroups.com>
                    Von: "fbreame" <vf0123@...>
                    Datum: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 11:28:30 -0000
                    Antwort an: <GEO-Subscribers@yahoogroups.com>

                    > --- In GEO-Subscribers@yahoogroups.com, Nigel Heasman <nigel@...>
                    > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > On 31/03/13 15:42, Alan Banks wrote:
                    > > > Hi All
                    > > > and Happy Easter
                    > > >
                    > > > GEO has introduced a reduced rate subscription for those unable
                    > > > afford high postage costs, particularly overseas. This provides
                    > internet
                    > > > only access to the GEO Quarterly.
                    > >
                    > > Hi Alan,
                    > > that's wonderful news - I shall certainly be taking up the
                    > offer!
                    > > Just a thought - will it be possible to transfer an existing
                    > > subscription to the new electronic version - not to reclaim any
                    > money
                    > > but to get
                    > > faster and more reliable access to the Quarterlies as they are
                    > published?
                    > > Nigel
                    > >

                    > I wonder if it would be feasible for all members to have access to
                    > the online version - just that online-only people won't get the
                    > printed version.
                    >
                    > I generally like online publications - particularly for saving
                    > space, apart from the convenience of carrying them all around in a
                    > single device! I wish RadCom would go that way! (GEO is a little
                    > different in that it contains a lot of high quality colour images
                    > which are particularly suited to the printed version, as long it
                    > remains financially viable.)
                    >
                    > Francis Breame
                    >

                    > ------------------------------------
                    >
                    > GEO only accept Paypal
                    >
                    > Contact info: http://www.geo-web.org.uk/contacts.htmlYahoo! Groups
                    > Links

                  • David Anderson
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 22, 2013
                      Ulrich,

                      I have sent a reply to your personal email address.

                      Best wishes,

                      David Anderson
                      Membership Secretary

                      Von: "fbreame" <vf0123@...<mailto:vf0123%40btinternet.com>>