Fwd: NOC Meeting

  • Alan Banks
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2013
      Good evening all,
      Francis Bell has asked me to post this notice here for him. It looks
      like an interesting day. I've heard some of their speakers before and
      they were very good. Shame its a bit far for me.
      Alan

      Dear GEO Subscriber,

      National Oceanographic Centre (NOC)

      The NOC is holding an open day for the public on 23^rd March 2013 at
      their Southampton laboratories and marine centre. The day is called
      'Ocean -- Earth- Day' and takes place between 10.30 a.m.and 4.00 p.m. I
      think all members of the public are welcome without charge or any prior
      booking arrangement.

      As best I can judge from the NOC's promotional materials and from a
      personal contact with one of their staff / researchers the day should be
      of interest to GEO members. With no entrance fee and no booking
      requirement it should be a great opportunity for any GEO member within a
      reasonable distance of Southampton just to turn up and enjoy an
      informative day out.

      For more information relating to this event including timings,
      directions and other local information go to:

      http://noc.ac.uk/news/ocean-earth-day

      Kind regards

      Francis Bell