Re: [GEO-Subscribers] Windows 8

  • Alan Banks
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 13, 2013
      For the last 6 years I have built/upgraded my own PCs and used an
      installation disk.
      I have XP Pro on one PC which I will use til no longer supported by MS.
      I like Win 7 and upgraded to that (2nd PC) so as to go 64 bit. This
      system will last me until it is no longer supported as I can move the OS
      whenever I upgrade the hardware. I know not everyone can build their own
      system but it is a cost effective and reasonably easy way to do it. And
      you don't get all that 'c--p' that manufacturers love to clog up the
      system with. I also have a vista laptop which I had to reload the OS.
      Unfortunately the 'repair' disk generated by the laptop resets
      everything to what came out of the factory. Took me two days to get back
      to where I wanted it. ( more time getting rid of stuff than installing
      it). I know I should have had a disk image, but as it is used for
      presentations only I hadn't bothered. :-(

      Alan