Re: [GEO-Subscribers] R2FU in Geo shop !?

  • Alan Banks
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 4, 2013
      On 04/02/2013 01:26, Ulrich G. Kliegis wrote:
      > Just yesterday, there was an ebay auction of a R2FX, it went away for about 155
      > Euros, I bid less - and now I just discovered the obviously brand new R2FU in the
      > Geo shop - is it a realware already? Looks like what would be very useful and ü
      > practical on a sailing boat.
      >
      > Google did not produce any other source but the Geo URL.
      >
      > Does anybody know more about it? Did I again miss the great news story?
      >
      > Cheers,
      > U.

      Hi Ulrich
      Yes the R2FU is a reality. The GEO shop has a number in stock. I gather
      one is on test, though I haven't had feedback. There is some info from
      Holger but I haven't got anything more to put up on the website.
      I'm looking to get one myself, once a few other expenses have been met.
      (Just bought some gear for a second EUMETCast system).
      Due to lack of input I've deliberately kept its arrival low key (for now).
      Cheers
      Alan
    • Matt
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 4, 2013
        I must have just got the last zx then. Shame as I would have liked to throw away the serial to usb connection.
        The FU does look good though.

        Sent from Samsung Mobile

        On 04/02/2013 01:26, Ulrich G. Kliegis wrote:
        > Just yesterday, there was an ebay auction of a R2FX, it went away for about 155
        > Euros, I bid less - and now I just discovered the obviously brand new R2FU in the
        > Geo shop - is it a realware already? Looks like what would be very useful and ü
        > practical on a sailing boat.
        >
        > Google did not produce any other source but the Geo URL.
        >
        > Does anybody know more about it? Did I again miss the great news story?
        >
        > Cheers,
        > U.

        Hi Ulrich
        Yes the R2FU is a reality. The GEO shop has a number in stock. I gather
        one is on test, though I haven't had feedback. There is some info from
        Holger but I haven't got anything more to put up on the website.
        I'm looking to get one myself, once a few other expenses have been met.
        (Just bought some gear for a second EUMETCast system).
        Due to lack of input I've deliberately kept its arrival low key (for now).
        Cheers
        Alan

      • Ulrich G. Kliegis
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 4, 2013
          Thanks, Alan!

          Just after writing here, I thought, hey, why don't I contact Holger directly, and I did.
          He responded tonight, and my order for one is out already, actually sent off a few
          minutes ago.
          Seldomly, I was happier over losing an ebay auction - one r2fx went off there
          yesterday for 155 Euros - 32 bids! The last one seen there was several months
          ago.

          Cheers,
          U.

          An: GEO-Subscribers@yahoogroups.com