Earthquakes

  • Les Hamilton
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 4, 2013
      Of course earthquakes are unpredictable.

      But RETROSPRCTIVE studies do indeed show that, prior to many major quakes, considerable energy is being generated in the disturbed zone, and that this becomes manifested in elevated surface temperatures shortly before the quake hits. Of course, the exact time the quake breaks cannot be predicted, but knowing one is coming with a few days warning could be a great benefit.

      Of course, to 'predict' an earthquake from this, extensive global monitoring would have to be set up, and we are a considerable way short of this.

      It's the same as meteor problem. Now that we have the capability, the heavens are being scrutinised daily, and we should definitely be able to predict any bodies on a collision course with Earth.

      Les

      location, and magnitude of a future earthquake within stated limitsÂ…..."