R2FU in Geo shop !?

  • Ulrich G. Kliegis
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2013
      Just yesterday, there was an ebay auction of a R2FX, it went away for about 155
      Euros, I bid less - and now I just discovered the obviously brand new R2FU in the
      Geo shop - is it a realware already? Looks like what would be very useful and ü
      practical on a sailing boat.

      Google did not produce any other source but the Geo URL.

      Does anybody know more about it? Did I again miss the great news story?

      Cheers,
      U.
    • Alan Banks
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 4, 2013
        On 04/02/2013 01:26, Ulrich G. Kliegis wrote:
        > Just yesterday, there was an ebay auction of a R2FX, it went away for about 155
        > Euros, I bid less - and now I just discovered the obviously brand new R2FU in the
        > Geo shop - is it a realware already? Looks like what would be very useful and ü
        > practical on a sailing boat.
        >
        > Google did not produce any other source but the Geo URL.
        >
        > Does anybody know more about it? Did I again miss the great news story?
        >
        > Cheers,
        > U.

        Hi Ulrich
        Yes the R2FU is a reality. The GEO shop has a number in stock. I gather
        one is on test, though I haven't had feedback. There is some info from
        Holger but I haven't got anything more to put up on the website.
        I'm looking to get one myself, once a few other expenses have been met.
        (Just bought some gear for a second EUMETCast system).
        Due to lack of input I've deliberately kept its arrival low key (for now).
        Cheers
        Alan
      • Matt
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 4, 2013
          I must have just got the last zx then. Shame as I would have liked to throw away the serial to usb connection.
          The FU does look good though.

          Sent from Samsung Mobile

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 4, 2013
            Thanks, Alan!

            Just after writing here, I thought, hey, why don't I contact Holger directly, and I did.
            He responded tonight, and my order for one is out already, actually sent off a few
            minutes ago.
            Seldomly, I was happier over losing an ebay auction - one r2fx went off there
            yesterday for 155 Euros - 32 bids! The last one seen there was several months
            ago.

            Cheers,
            U.

            An: GEO-Subscribers@yahoogroups.com