Canadian receiving Station

  • Les Hamilton
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 22, 2012
      All,

      I have received the following email from a GEO member, Steve Craggs, who
      lives in Ontario, Canada.

      If anyone on the list can help him, please email Steve at

      CRAGGSS@...

      Les

      Steve's email message follows:

      Hello
      My name is Steve Craggs and I am a member of GEO. I have been a member for
      over 4 years and I think GEO is a great magazine.
      I have the R2FX receiver.
      I would like to try receiving some other forms of weather data. Ie:NOAAport
      Geonetcast or Eumetcast.
      But looking at the articles in GEO ,they are mainly setup for Europe. Also
      the software to receive these types of systems seems very technical.
      I am not a very software oriented type of person and a lot of what I see in
      GEO goes over my head.
      Does anyone have more info on how I can set up a system in Ontario,Canada?
      And which satellites I can receive.
      I have a 36” dish and a wide open space were I can set it up.
      I don’t want to have a big 10’ dish.
      If I can get a system going I would write an article which I can send to
      Radio Amateurs of Canada. This might get some more people over hear
      interested.
      Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Steve Craggs VE3KSC