Re: EnviHamBrowse / EnviHamManager - new release

  • Alberto
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2011
      Hi Francis,

      only to inform you that EnviHam Manager v.0.2.5 don't work on my system Win7 64 IT, after run it I must force to restart my pc with hight risk of blue screen, I have to return v0.2.2 it work fine but sometime stop working
      While EnviHam Browse v 0.2.5 work fine.

      I thank you anyway because the programs allow to easily manage Envisat data.

      ciao
      Alberto Re

      --- In GEO-Subscribers@yahoogroups.com, "fbreame" <vf0123@...> wrote:

      > In case any EnviHam receiving stations are interested, I have
      > new releases of my manager/browser software available. This
      > software is described in the article in the June 2011 GEO Quarterly
      > (although EnviHamManager is new since then).
      >
      > The major function of this software is to speed up the viewing
      > of received images, by showing their coverage area on a map. This
      > avoids opening each one in VISAT which can be very slow. It also
      > performs a number of common management and monitoring functions.
      >
      > If you are using these programs and are still using the ESA
      > BEAM/VISAT display software version 4.8, please ugrade to
      > 4.9.0.1 (or later) from the ESA www site. This is because there
      > were a number of bugs in the conversion software, which is used
      > by EnviHamManager/Browse, which have now been fixed.
      >
      > Both programs, and their User Guides, are available free-of-charge
      > from my www site at
      >
      > http://www.elnath.org.uk
      >
      > (please note the change of URL).
      >
      > If anyone is using these programs, and has not already contacted
      > me, could you please drop me a quick email as I'd like to get an
      > idea if anyone finds it useful.
      >
      > As usual, I welcome any bug reports, comments, or suggestions.
      >
      > Francis Breame

    • fbreame
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2, 2011
        --- In GEO-Subscribers@yahoogroups.com, "Alberto" <lardsat@...> wrote:

        > Hi Francis,
        >
        > only to inform you that EnviHam Manager v.0.2.5 don't work on my system Win7 64 IT, after run it I must force to restart my pc with hight risk of blue screen, I have to return v0.2.2 it work fine but sometime stop working
        > While EnviHam Browse v 0.2.5 work fine.
        >
        > I thank you anyway because the programs allow to easily manage Envisat data.
        >
        > ciao
        > Alberto Re

        Alberto

        Glad to hear that you find EnviHamManager useful - when it works!

        I am running on Win7 64 bit Professional without any problems, so I'm not sure what could be causing difficulties. Does it not start at all, or does it crash after it has been running for a time? Does it crash after you have done some action? Has any one else seen a similar problem?

        As I develop it on a 32 bit Win XP system, I will generate a version using Perl 64 bit (also a newer version of Perl). I'll have it ready in a day or two and will post when it's available - could you then test it for me to see if it works any better?

        Many thanks, and I appreciate your help with this.

        ciao
        Francis
      • Alberto
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 2, 2011
          I try to explain better
          The program doesn't run but something happen, because if I restart windows
          immediately, after closing all other programs, there is a program that don't
          responding and windows force to close it.
          seem a the program run in background but blocked.
          Also I can't see the task running in task manager/application.

          I hope can help
          grazie

          ciao
          Alberto