Re: Old APT crystal receiver

  • fdgdh gfjgfj
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2010
      Andy,Mike

      Where would one get the crystals from around that price?

      I've also had a look at the kits, and might give one a go, i've already got one of the Si chips on another HF SDR project so can get the board and the rest of the kit up and running fairly cheaply by doing a bit of recycling.

      When i get something up and running i'll post back.
      BTW the receiver was one that was a popular set up in schools back in the early 80s as part of the kit included interfaces for the BBC model B. but the receiver section is separate and has a tape out recording option which hooks up rather nicely to a modern PC and sound-card.

      Dave
    • Andy Eskelson
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2010
        A very well known company in the UK. They have been providing a custom
        Xtal service for many years. They also have quite a large library of
        receiver / tranceiver types and so can often take the required Xtal spec
        from their own records, which simplifies things quite a lot.

        While I have never ordered from them myself, I have received Xtals from
        them which were bought as part of a group buy for various amateur Radio
        projects.

        Their site is:

        http://www.quartslab.com/

        Andy