EDRS.

  • geojohnt@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2 4:24 AM
      All,

      We are used to polar orbiting satellite data 'dumps' - especially with
      Metop.
      But that imposes a time delay which could be vital.

      EDRS - European Data Relay Satellite system could solve the data dump delay
      and speed up data acquisition.

      I'm sure you will find this video interesting.

      Regards,
      John Tellick.

      A new, independent European Satellite System is being developed by the
      European Space Agency to make on-demand data from satellites available at the
      right place at the right time. To do this, the European Data Relay Satellite
      System, EDRS, will use geostationary satellites equipped with laser
      communications technology which is being developed now in Germany.

      A WMV preview clip is online under :
      _http://esatv-movies.e-vision.nl/videos/mplo/EDRS_169_TV_03-23-10_wmplow.wmv
      _
      (http://esatv-movies.e-vision.nl/videos/mplo/EDRS_169_TV_03-23-10_wmplow.wmv)