Mall opening performance?

  • shelle357
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2002
      Hey does any buddy know about Greg playing a street fair or
      somethin' in Iowa City on June 7th? Or maybe the 8th? Heard it from
      a buddy on the list. . .izzit true? Maybe a mall opening or
      somethin'? Gosh, first the theme park, now a mall opening? What's
      happenin' here? At that there theme park in Florida, people wear
      hats with big mouse ears. Will we hafta wear hillbilly hats if we
      go? And carry jugs with "xxx" on 'em?

      Btw, I highly recommend Pieta's new CD to ya. Got mine a few
      weeks ago. There was a photo of her on her new web site that is sooo
      beautiful. I told a friend of mine it reminds me of how Elizabeth
      Taylor looked in "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof," when I think Taylor was at
      her most beautiful. Listening to the new CD, Pieta just seems like
      she's beautiful inside and out. Can't wait to follow her recording
      career.

      Ok there's somethin' else I wanted to say. . .can't
      remember. . .Nurse Shelley's been workin' long hours in the operating
      room these days. . .maybe I got too close to the nitrous oxide
      tank. . .

      S.
    • m moore
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2002
        LOL at the thought of Greg Brown playing at a "Mall
        opening"....
        The Iowa Arts fest is an annual downtown event of
        the last ten years or so-- and its held on/in/near the
        pedestrian mall in downtown Iowa City. The world
        famous Mill is not far from this area.
        The City of Iowa City recently remodeled Iowa Ave
        into a wide open boulevard with patterned brick-- a
        much needed update leading to a cleaner and more
        inviting street scene leading to the Pentacrest on the
        University of Iowa Campus.

        Will be there with bells on assuming the fickle Iowa
        weather holds out that evening. Looking forward to
        enjoying Greg, Bo, Iris and anyone else that shows up
        with probably 4000 or so if my closest friends.

        http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com