Re: [GBrown-L] Town Crier Cafe

  • LG
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 19, 2012
      that is a nice report, I"m so glad it was better than you expected. That venue looks very small and I hope it wasn't noisy with people eating during the music. Stage side table--wow you really rate!

      Yes, Greg is magical. You are lucky!

      What state was this in, the venue?

      Thanks for sharing your thoughts and photos! Was Bo with him?

      "Show love with no remorse...." Dosed by Red Hot Chili Peppers

      On Mar 18, 2012, at 11:52 PM, John wrote:

      > I have just returned from GB's gig and it was more than I expected. The owner set up a special table for me next to the stage so I got a good look at him. I have posted some pics of the venu and GB on facebook if you want to look at them http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.370743042958601.90153.100000687257618&type=1&l=3037befe94
      >
      > No flash so GB looks a little yellow from the lighting - but they are still OK. Some new material (I think) that seems to have arisen from his recent mishap, recnet material from Freak Flag, and also some older songs.
      >
      > Very funny with great stories interspersed. had the opportunity to spend some time talking to him after the show so that really toped the evening of for me.
      >
      > having seem him live and experienced how engaging he is I now have a better understanding as to the loyalty of those who apreciate his music.

    • John
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 20, 2012
        G'day Ramcey,
        And thanks for your welcome. having a great time here and now making my way up to Vermont for a conference.
        I have taken away from the gig an increased apreciation for Greg as a performer and particularily as a person. Seemed to be in the flow whilst performing and very natural and laid back when I was talking to him later. No pretence and I like thqt a lot. Felt like i got to meet him in a personal way and I am sure this contributes to the engagement and loyality of his fans.
        Regards
        John

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 20, 2012
          Thank you Muskratlaw,
          The venue was teh 'Town Crier Cafe' in NY. People had finished eating by the time Greg came on so it was preetty good listening envioronment.
          this was a rescheduled show from february. Consequently Greg was on his own. At first, when I heard this, I was a little disapointed because I would have liked to have seen Bo as well. However that thought disapered once Greg started performing. For me it was great to see Greg solo and energetically he certainly filled the space.

          Although stage side probably made a difference
          REgardJohn

          --- In GBrown-L@yahoogroups.com, LG <muskratlaw@...> wrote:

          > that is a nice report, I"m so glad it was better than you expected. That venue looks very small and I hope it wasn't noisy with people eating during the music. Stage side table--wow you really rate!
          >
          > Yes, Greg is magical. You are lucky!
          >
          > What state was this in, the venue?
          >
          > Thanks for sharing your thoughts and photos! Was Bo with him?
          >

          > "Show love with no remorse...." Dosed by Red Hot Chili Peppers
          >

          > On Mar 18, 2012, at 11:52 PM, John wrote:
          >
          > > I have just returned from GB's gig and it was more than I expected. The owner set up a special table for me next to the stage so I got a good look at him. I have posted some pics of the venu and GB on facebook if you want to look at them http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.370743042958601.90153.100000687257618&type=1&l=3037befe94
          > >
          > > No flash so GB looks a little yellow from the lighting - but they are still OK. Some new material (I think) that seems to have arisen from his recent mishap, recnet material from Freak Flag, and also some older songs.
          > >
          > > Very funny with great stories interspersed. had the opportunity to spend some time talking to him after the show so that really toped the evening of for me.
          > >
          > > having seem him live and experienced how engaging he is I now have a better understanding as to the loyalty of those who apreciate his music.

        • Jan Brattain
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 20, 2012
            Lucky you, I'm happy this all came together and gave you such a good experience both musically and personally.  Thanks for sharing.  My friend Pete in Australia is likely very jealous of you right about now.  He has so dearly wanted to see Greg perform.  I guess he too will have to come to the States to see him.

            Have a safe journey.
            Jan