RE: [GBrown-L] Cant Believe my luck

  • Ramcey
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 7, 2012
      Oh…..

      Love that story, and your effort, John!

      Where there’s a will there’s a way. We’re so happy for you.

      Enjoy the gig, and let us know what you think, afterwards.

      Way to go, mate!

      R in N

      ----------------------

      I live in Australia and have to go to Vermont for a conference late this
      month. When I arranged this a couple of months ago I checked Greg's tour
      schedule and was very disappointed to find out that I would miss concerts in
      this area by a few weeks. The other morning I had an intuition to check
      again and was stunned to find out his Pawling concert had been rescheduled
      to the night after I arrived in NY.

      I have contacted the venue, and after explaining this was a once in a
      lifetime opportunity for me, they have kindly offered to squeeze me in even
      though they were fully booked. I am so grateful and it is not often I am
      this excited about something. Never did think I would get to see Greg live -
      increadible turn of sychronistic events.

      Regards to all
      John Thompson

      --
    • Lisa Fraser
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 8, 2012
        Wonderful, John! Have a blast... I know you will!

        Lisa

        To: GBrown-L@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 8, 2012
          Thanks for the heads-up, Virginia! Some oldies but goodies,
          but Greg needs to turn down his record levels to eliminate
          the distortion on the recordings. I'll have to tell him about
          that, but he probably doesn't care. And that's cool too!

          ;-)

          R in N

          .......... and tonight only ..............

          G in N

          FROM: mertensiavirginiana@...
          DATE: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 21:08:43 -0700

          Kind of like Christmas at Greg's site. A lovely set of tunes and some
          thoughts about a friend. Sent from my iPad
        • Music Book
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 8, 2012
            Kismet...love synchronicity...meant to be...so happy for you!

            Of course you are required ;) to give a full report, including fashion... ;)

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 8, 2012
              this just made my day! Enjoy the show!

            • LG
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 8, 2012
                and guitar report!

                the guitar, sounds, and how GB played. :)

                "Show love with no remorse...." Dosed by Red Hot Chili Peppers

                On Mar 8, 2012, at 12:39 PM, Music Book wrote:

                > Kismet...love synchronicity...meant to be...so happy for you!
                >
                > Of course you are required ;) to give a full report, including fashion... ;)

              • John
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 9, 2012
                  Thank you all for your responses and expressed warmth. This really is a big deal for me as I have been waiting years for an opportunity to see/hear Greg live. I am not sure what to expect but assume he is sociable and interactive with the audience at small venues. Would be very cool if I got to meet him.
                  Will do my best to post a report on the gig but that may not be until I arrive back in Oz early may. I remember reading somewhere, sometime ago, that Greg was OK for people to record his shows. Is that still the case?
                  Regards
                  John T
                  --- In GBrown-L@yahoogroups.com, LG <muskratlaw@...> wrote:

                  > and guitar report!
                  >
                  > the guitar, sounds, and how GB played. :)
                  >

                  > "Show love with no remorse...." Dosed by Red Hot Chili Peppers
                  >

                  > On Mar 8, 2012, at 12:39 PM, Music Book wrote:
                  >
                  > > Kismet...love synchronicity...meant to be...so happy for you!
                  > >
                  > > Of course you are required ;) to give a full report, including fashion... ;)

                • Ramcey
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 9, 2012
                    John,

                    Greg is very approachable and friendly, but much more shy
                    than people realize. It’s best to meet him after the show.

                    He is taper-friendly, but it’s usually best to try to talk to him
                    early and get permission. And you also have to deal with venue
                    owners/managers and sound guys if you want to record from
                    the soundboard. If you’re making an audience recording from
                    your seat, Greg would never mind that, but you still want to
                    make sure that it’s ok with the venue management.

                    Most folks clubs around North America are cool with anything
                    that is low-key and non-disruptive to the audience and performance.

                    R in N