Re: [GBrown-L] Mountain stage, Watsonville sonata.....

  • max larocca
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2007
      I don't have it yet but i'll soon receve it cause i make my donation to the radio.
      Looks like a great cd, and the setlist it's fantastic.
      Yes, some titles are wrong: "The ancient choir" is surely "No place away" and "I'll be damned" should be "Fooled me once".
      When i'll get, i'll make a review for our group.

      Does anybody knows where in can buy a copy of Greg's book, "Watsonville sonata"?

      Max
      Florence, Italy

      nlroche <nlroche@...> wrote:
      Has anyone here heard this CD? I looked up the set list on the KVMR site
      and copied it below. I'm wondering if the titles are correct or just a
      stab someone made at them. If perhaps they might be InaBell, No Place
      Away, and maybe Fooled Me Once? Do you have it Max?
      NLR

      Greg Brown with Bo Ramsey, Live at the Grass Valley Vet’s Hall

      May 8, 2003, Grass Valley CA

      CD 78:47 Track listing 01 I Want My Country Back 3:20 08 Reflections
      of Anna Belle/Why Do You Even Say That? 6:40
      02 I’ll be Damned 7:39 09 Laughing River 7:15
      03 Poor Back Slider 6:29 10 Down At The Mill 4:04
      04 Lately 5:29 11 The Ancient Choir 4:44
      05 Tear the Building Down 6:07 12 The Book 4:00
      06 When My Morning Comes Around (by Iris Dement) 4:56 13 Thanks to
      KVMR 0:53
      07 Eulogy for Aunt Anna Belle 7:12 14 Almost Out of Gas 3:47
      15 Sleeper 6:12

      malarocca2003 wrote:

      > Hi friends,
      > i'm Max from Florence.
      > I have 3 questions, hoping that someone of You could help me:
      >
      > -anybody recorded the Mountain stage show from 28th January?
      > -i'm lookin' for the Greg's book "Watsonville sonata". Where i can get
      > it?
      > -anybody could send me a copy of the Pickathon 2006-08-04 show?
      >
      > Also i would like to inform You but you probably already know) that
      > KVMR radio has a beautiful live-pressed-cd cd of Greg and Bo live in
      > Grass Valley on 5/8/03.
      > It's a gift to everyone who join the radio and supported it with 60$
      > For any Greg's collector.......

      -----
      Greg Brown web site: http://www.gregbrown.org

      To unsubscribe from this group, just send an e-mail to:

      For problems and other information about this Yahoo group,
      start at http://www.gregbrown.org/gbmllst1.html
      Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Graham Knight
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2007
        max larocca wrote:

        > Does anybody knows where in can buy a copy of Greg's book, "Watsonville
        > sonata"?

        It was printed by the Felix Press which has it listed here:

        http://www-personal.umich.edu/~felice/literary.html

        But I'm surprised to see it listed - to my knowledge it is long out of
        print....

        Graham