Olympia, WA 10/21

  • glenn stenson
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 22, 2006
      In spite of Greg's "Eugene" tune, I-5 is good for something. It was
      our path to the first Greg show in Washington State for over two years.
      The itch was almost diagnosed as eczema. As usual, my nervous energy
      had Moe and I walking the city streets window shopping hours before the
      show. The crisp, sunny weather had the shop owners throw their doors
      wide open. As we passed the music store, Moe said she heard Greg
      playing in there. Sure enough, he was test driving a couple of used
      acoustics. He liked the feel of one, but the sound of the other. They
      both sounded pretty darn good to us. It was nice to get to talk to him
      because he was the only person we saw that knew us on this excursion.
      When was the last time you went to a concert and the only person that
      knew you was the performer?

      The Capitol Theatre was sold out. It holds 400-500 maybe. As an old
      Sociology major, I watch people. Five minutes before show time, people
      are wandering toward the front rows hoping to get seated. Yes, you are
      very special, but you are going to have to sit in the back tonight,
      thank you very much. Mr. Bo Ramsey opened with six or seven songs. He
      sat and played an acoustic guitar in his brown suit, white shirt and
      tie, his same damn hat, shades and mukluks, with the suit pants tucked
      in. He was very well received by the crowd. The only song he played
      from "Stranger Blues" was "Sitting On Top Of The World". We enjoyed the
      set very much.

      After intermission, Greg came out with two earrings, brown slacks, a
      vest over a collar less, long sleeve shirt, some kind of high top dress
      shoes, shades and what I would describe as a scarf on his head. Moe
      says it was a bandana and she's probably right, but I saw some Taj
      Majal-Aunt Jemima action going on. Both Greg and Bo sat and played
      their hearts out. Greg pulled out the harmonica a few times and Bo
      stood up to rock near the end of the show. The healing power of music
      keeps this universe from just exploding. That itch needs a'tendin to
      before the boys escape the area!

      Wash My Eyes
      If You Don't Get It At Home
      Kokomo
      Skinny Days
      The Evening Call
      China
      Cept You And Me
      Blue Car
      Preachin Blues-Son House
      Oily Boys
      Laughing River
      Jesus and Elvis
      Hey Baby Hey
      Joy Tears

      e: Folsom Prison-J. Cash
      2nd e: Bucket
    • BHall8846@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 23, 2006
        In a message dated 10/22/2006 10:11:40 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
        stute@... writes:

        The healing power of music
        keeps this universe from just exploding.

        Glenn speaks the TRUTH!!

        @-->--->---- Becky----<---<--@

      • Karen McMains
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 23, 2006
          Greg is actually playing here tonight! Any Brownsters out there headed
          to B'ham and want to meet up?
          Karen from Bellingham via Iowa City
        • Ramcey
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 23, 2006
            Great review, Glenn. Thanks for sharin'. What an especially tasty set list. I

            sure hope this one was captured. I don't study the set lists here seriously,

            but I don't think that he does "Skinny Days" very often does he? Damn, I

            hope to hear that one live someday.

            tCH