Re: Mother Hardy

  • Mike Blake
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2004
      Emily Wagner wrote:
      "In the Cliff House, or whatever it was called, she receives the letter
      from her husband and is disturbed that he did not include their secret
      sign, which is what tipped her off that all was not well."

      The House on the Cliff, Hardy Boys #2 as I recall. Let me see...

      The Tower Treasure
      The House on the Cliff
      Hunting for Hidden Gold?
      The Mystery of the Missing Chums

      I thought I could come up with the first five from memory, but alas. I
      started reading them in the early 60s, in versions mostly from the 50s.
      HotC had been revised at least once at that point, and I don't remember
      Mrs. Hardy in that one. Aunt Gertrude was in that great tradition of
      elderly maiden aunts who move in, like Aunt Bee and Aunt Harriet.

      --Mike Blake