Re: Ritzner Von Jung, listen up!

  • Ritzner Von Jung
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2004
      Rkazero wrote:

      >POINT 2. Ideas can be discussed. Feelings cannot. So >you have
      >feelings of disgust at the Perry Mason stories. What's >that to me?

      If you re-read my post, you will eventually see that I did more than just
      expressing "feelings of disgust" for not only Perry Mason, but the whole
      Gardner's output, providing reasons for my attack on that author. Barry
      himself granted me for that, even though we don't often agree with each
      other.
      Gardner was formulaic, careless and commercial: it isn't "harsh feeling" to
      tell and condemn it. Maybe my tone is excessive at times, but I'm feeble
      enough to believe there is some substance behind.

      >So, Ritzner, for what it's worth, here's my advice. Cut the 'crap'.
      >Express yourself like a rational person. Tell us your ideas, and you
      >will gain the respect you desire and deserve.

      Frankly, I have doubts about it. But I will try all the same.

      Ritzner Von Jung
    • rkazero
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2004
        --- In GAdetection@yahoogroups.com, "Ritzner Von Jung"
        <ritznervonjung@h...> wrote:
        > If you re-read my post, you will eventually see that I did more
        than just
        > expressing "feelings of disgust" for not only Perry Mason, but the
        whole
        > Gardner's output, providing reasons for my attack on that author.
        Barry
        > himself granted me for that, even though we don't often agree with
        each
        > other.

        You are absolutely right. I sabotoged my own posting by carelessly
        choosing the wrong example. In fact, it was the Gardner posting,
        along with a few other recent ones, which demonstrated that you have
        been listening to what people have been saying, and have started
        providing reasons, along with the insults, so that others will get
        something to think about and discuss.

        You may have noticed a while ago that I advised others to ignore you
        as the best policy. It was precisely because of what I saw in your
        most recent postings that I decided to ignore my own advice and
        explain what I thought was the basis of your difficulty in gaining
        acceptance. Which, at the risk of tiresomeness, I will repeat again
        in summary: Insulting language, indicative of strong feelings, does
        not make your ideas more convincing, but less.

        > --- RKAzero wrote:
        > > Cut the 'crap'.
        > >Express yourself like a rational person. Tell us your ideas, and
        you
        > >will gain the respect you desire and deserve.

        > Frankly, I have doubts about it. But I will try all the same.

        And no one can ask for more than that. Good luck.
        RKAzero