Re: [GAdetection] A winner is announced

  • Jody&Rick Liedholm
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 1, 2001
      Hakan- Congrats in getting such a high score on Christian's quiz. Your
      memory must be incredible. I, unfortunately, did not have the time to take
      the quiz (Wow, was November a busy month!) but I KNOW I wouldn't have come
      close to the great score you achieved.

      Richard
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 3, 2001
        >Congrats in getting such a high score on Christian's quiz.
        >Your memory must be incredible

        Quite the contrary I'm afraid!
        Since my memory for most details are constantly low, I used every
        possible source of information (books, internet and such) to solve
        the quiz. (I even hastily read through "And Then There Was None"
        again, to find out all about the deaths and murders.) I informed the
        Quiz-master about my doings when I submitted the answers.

        Christian wrote:
        >Meanwhile, I hereby sign off as quiz master, and hope that
        >someone else will take up my mantle next year - that way I'll have
        >the chance of winning!

        Hey, wait a minute! Shouldn't we get a complete result list first?

        If no one else desperately wants to construct the next quiz, I'm
        willing to have a try, and maybe have it ready by February-March
        something....

        /Håkan
      • Christian Henriksson
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 3, 2001
          > Christian wrote:
          > >Meanwhile, I hereby sign off as quiz master, and hope that
          > >someone else will take up my mantle next year - that way I'll have
          > >the chance of winning!
          >
          > Hey, wait a minute! Shouldn't we get a complete result list first?

          Well, if everyone's okay with it - sure! As there were only four
          contestants in the end, it's not too much work on my part.

          > If no one else desperately wants to construct the next quiz, I'm
          > willing to have a try, and maybe have it ready by February-March
          > something....

          Wouldn't that be a little too early? I could imagine having a summer
          quiz or perhaps just before summer - just so they are special
          occasions.

          But you're certainly welcome to the quiz master title.

          Christian Henriksson
          (chenrik@...)
          --
          All things must pass
          None of life's strings can last
          So, I must be on my way
          And face another day

          Now, the darkness only stays at night-time
          In the morning, it will fade away
          Daylight is good at arriving at the right time
          It's not always gonna be this grey

          All things must pass
          All things must pass away
          -George Harrison, 1970
        • Ralph, Adrienne (REA-PtMelb)
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 3, 2001
            I really don't need to hear that I came last at anything in life, including
            a quiz! Am I alone in this sentiment? If we need to hear about runners up
            that's probably not such a bad thing.
            Yours, a woman who has no interest in self-esteem problems,
            Adrienne

            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 7, 2001
              I just thought I'd let all the participants of the mystery quiz know that
              I've mailed your essays and that I hope you'll receive them all before
              Christmas.

              I hope you'll enjoy them!

              Christian Henriksson
              (chenrik@...)