Re: First Time Authors

  • mike5568
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1 3:43 PM
      Ah Xavier I thought it was probably you, thank you again. I looked
      her up and it seems she wrote only 4 or 5 books. Blood Upon The Snow
      was her first, and A Time To Die the only other one starring Mark
      East. Death Of A Doll is said to be her best book and considered a
      classic by many. I will have to check those out. MikeB--- In
      GAdetection@yahoogroups.com, "Xavier Lechard" <x.lechard@f...> wrote:
      > Mike B wrote:
      >
      > >Hilda Lawrence (Blood Upon The Snow), here we go,
      > >one of the best books I`ve read so far this young year. Somebody
      > >here recommended this (don`t remember who, sorry, but thanks!!)
      and
      > >it`s excellent. Good atmosphere, storytelling and plot.
      Definitley
      > >worth looking up more of what she wrote.
      >
      > It was me who recommended this one, and I'm glad you liked it.
      Lawrence was a terrific writer, the missing link between Golden Age
      and Millar-kind suspense fiction, and it's a real pity she didn't
      write more.