Re: [GAdetection] eBooks too/Polygonics

  • W. Peck
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 9, 2003
      Max Brand's THE NIGHT FLOWER, Carroll John Daly's MURDER FROM THE EAST,
      S.S. Rafferty's CORK OF THE COLONIES, Baroness Orczy's THE MAN IN THE COR-
      NER, Hake Talbot's RIM OF THE PIT and Clayton Rawson's four "Merlini"
      novels are some of the International Polygonics titles I have in my col-
      lection. Their list was not only very impressive, their paperbound
      editions were sturdily well-made also. "A good company" indeed, Doug.
      I've genuinely missed them.
      ;

      http://shopping.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 9, 2003
        They had a great cover illustrator too: Nicky Zann.

        --- In GAdetection@yahoogroups.com, "W. Peck" <aria376@y...> wrote:
        > Max Brand's THE NIGHT FLOWER, Carroll John Daly's MURDER FROM THE EAST,
        > S.S. Rafferty's CORK OF THE COLONIES, Baroness Orczy's THE MAN IN
        THE COR-
        > NER, Hake Talbot's RIM OF THE PIT and Clayton Rawson's four "Merlini"
        > novels are some of the International Polygonics titles I have in my col-
        > lection. Their list was not only very impressive, their paperbound
        > editions were sturdily well-made also. "A good company" indeed, Doug.
        > I've genuinely missed them.
        > ;
        >
        > --- Douglas Greene <dgreene@o...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Jon
        > >
        > > The owner and almost everything else at International Polygonics
        was/is
        > > Hugh Abramson. Bill Ruehlmann and I worked closely with Hugh as
        "Series
        > > Advisors" to choose books to reprint, and often we'd write new
        > > introductions.
        > >
        > > I assume that Hugh has made arrangements with Blackmask on titles for
        > > which
        > > he retains publication rights. I am fairly certain that many of the
        > > rights
        > > have reverted to the authors or their representatatives. I'll
        check on
        > > Carr and Dickson, but I am almost positive that rights reverted.
        > >
        > > IPL did go bankrupt in the middle 1990's, but Hugh has published an
        > > occasional title since then.
        > >
        > > It was a good company.
        > >
        > > Doug
        > >
        > > Douglas G. Greene
        > > Professor of History
        > > Old Dominion University
        > > Norfolk, VA 23529-0091
        > > Phone 757 683-3949

        > http://shopping.yahoo.com
      • Tony Medawar
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 10, 2003
          Truly, James? Zann's covers were appalling. Still, tastes differ thank God!

          Tony
          They had a great cover illustrator too: Nicky Zann.

          --- In GAdetection@yahoogroups.com, "W. Peck" <aria376@y...> wrote:
          > Max Brand's THE NIGHT FLOWER, Carroll John Daly's MURDER FROM THE EAST,
          > S.S. Rafferty's CORK OF THE COLONIES, Baroness Orczy's THE MAN IN
          THE COR-
          > NER, Hake Talbot's RIM OF THE PIT and Clayton Rawson's four "Merlini"
          > novels are some of the International Polygonics titles I have in my col-
          > lection. Their list was not only very impressive, their paperbound
          > editions were sturdily well-made also. "A good company" indeed, Doug.
          > I've genuinely missed them.
          > ;
          >
          > --- Douglas Greene <dgreene@o...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Jon
          > >
          > > The owner and almost everything else at International Polygonics
          was/is
          > > Hugh Abramson. Bill Ruehlmann and I worked closely with Hugh as
          "Series
          > > Advisors" to choose books to reprint, and often we'd write new
          > > introductions.
          > >
          > > I assume that Hugh has made arrangements with Blackmask on titles for
          > > which
          > > he retains publication rights. I am fairly certain that many of the
          > > rights
          > > have reverted to the authors or their representatatives. I'll
          check on
          > > Carr and Dickson, but I am almost positive that rights reverted.
          > >
          > > IPL did go bankrupt in the middle 1990's, but Hugh has published an
          > > occasional title since then.
          > >
          > > It was a good company.
          > >
          > > Doug
          > >
          > > Douglas G. Greene
          > > Professor of History
          > > Old Dominion University
          > > Norfolk, VA 23529-0091
          > > Phone 757 683-3949

          > http://shopping.yahoo.com

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • W. Peck
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 10, 2003
            I've got IPL cover art by Henry Cioch, Hernandez and Kinstrey, et alia.
            It
            seems to me that Nicky Zann, especially on THE NIGHT FLOWER, was obviously
            imitating pulp magazine illustrations.
            ;

            http://shopping.yahoo.com