ABC

  • twoshed2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2003
      I have to defend the ABC Murders here a little bit,as I always
      enjoyed it as a splendid example how one can achieve the most
      spellbinding,dramatic tension in a book even if the characters and
      setup are not more than cardboard and cliche.
      I agree about the solution part,but the merciless construction of the
      plot(similar to "Ten little whatsoever") deserves fullest marks as it
      creates an awesome atmosphere.
      Classic?
      I could not care less either.Christie herself has become a classic
      icon now,but nevertheless there are first class writers around,whose
      stature as we all know is sadly not reflected in their reprinting
      figures,but their wicked books alone.
      twoshed