Re: [GAdetection] Hurricane/C&L

  • Douglas Greene
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2003
      Sorry that I haven't been communicating for a while. Hurricane Isabel
      dropped a huge oak on our hosue on September 18; we spent 8 days with our
      daughter and son-in-law (and, I'm proud to say, grand-baby); and everything
      about Crippen & Landru has been in a slow down.

      But I wanted to mention 3 new books now on our website
      (www.crippenlandru.com):

      Liza Cody, LUCKY DIP AND OTHER STORIES
      Helen McCloy, THE PLEASANT ASSASSIN AND OTHER CASES FOR DR. BASIL WILLING
      Eric Wright, A KILLING CLIMATE: COLLECTED MYSTERY STORIES.

      The Helen McCloy book may be a special interest to this group, as it is
      number 9 in our "Lost Classics series." McCloy was a major force in the
      fairplay detective story, and (to my surprise) this is the only book by her
      that is currently in print.

      Doug

      Douglas G. Greene
      Professor of History
      Old Dominion University
      Norfolk, VA 23529-0091
      Phone 757 683-3949
    • luis molina
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2003

        http://shopping.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2003
          Doug, I hope your house didn't suffer extensive and expensive
          damage. Above all, *mazel tov* regarding your grandchild.

          --Barry

          --- In GAdetection@yahoogroups.com, "Douglas Greene" <dgreene@o...>