Re: Chronological order of Poirot

  • b_ergang <bergang@op.net>
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2003
      Hi, Agnes. Happy New Year and welcome.

      The following list comes from ENCYCLOPEDIA OF MYSTERY AND DETECTION
      by Chris Steinbrunner and Otto Penzler:

      1920: THE MYSTERIOUS AFFAIR AT STYLES
      1923: MURDER ON THE LINKS
      1924: POIROT INVESTIGATES (s.s.)
      1926: THE MURDER OF ROGER ACKROYD
      1927: THE BIG FOUR
      1928: THE MYSTERY OF THE BLUE TRAIN
      1929: "The Under Dog" (s.s.)
      1932: PERIL AT END HOUSE
      1933: LORD EDGEWARE DIES (THIRTEEN AT DINNER)
      1934: MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS (MURDER ON THE CALAIS COACH)
      1934: MURDER IN THREE ACTS (THREE-ACT TRAGEDY)
      1935: DEATH IN THE CLOUDS (DEATH IN THE AIR)
      1936: THE A.B.C. MURDERS
      1936: MURDER IN MESOPOTAMIA
      1936: CARDS ON THE TABLE
      1937: DUMB WITNESS (POIROT LOSES A CLIENT)
      1937: DEATH ON THE NILE
      1937: MURDER IN THE MEWS (DEAD MAN'S MIRROR)
      1938: APPOINTMENT WITH DEATH
      1938: HERCULE POIROT'S CHRISTMAS (MURDER FOR CHRISTMAS)
      1939: THE REGATTA MYSTERY AND OTHER STORIES
      1940: SAD CYPRESS
      1940: ONE, TWO, BUCKLE MY SHOE (THE PATRIOTIC MURDERS)
      1941: EVIL UNDER THE SUN
      1942: MURDER IN RETROSPECT (FIVE LITTLE PIGS)
      1946: THE HOLLOW
      1947: THE LABORS HERCULES (s.s.)
      1948: TAKEN AT THE FLOOD (THERE IS A TIDE)
      1948: WITNESS FOR THE PROSECUTION AND OTHER STORIES
      1950: THREE BLIND MICE AND OTHER STORIES
      1951: THE UNDER DOG AND OTHER STORIES
      1952: MRS. MCGINTY'S DEAD
      1953: AFTER THE FUNERAL (FUNERALS ARE FATAL)
      1955: HICKORY, DICKORY, DOCK (HICKORY, DICKORY, DEATH)
      1956: DEAD MAN'S FOLLY
      1959: CAT AMONG THE PIGEONS
      1960: THE ADVENTURE OF THE CHRISTMAS PUDDING AND OTHER STORIES
      1961: DOUBLE SIN AND OTHER STORIES
      1963: THE CLOCKS
      1966: THIRD GIRL
      1969: HALLOWE'EN PARTY
      1972: ELEPHANTS CAN REMEMBER
      1975: CURTAIN

      --- In GAdetection@yahoogroups.com, "lillimom <lillimom@y...>"
      <lillimom@y...> wrote:
      > Hi everyone.
      >
      > I just joined this group. My name is Agnes, I live in Colorado,
      USA.

      > Just treated myself to several of the Poirot movies, both the
      feature
      > length and the hour-long ones. Now I feel like I have to re-read
      all
      > the books. My question is, does anyone have a list of all the
      Poirot
      > mysteries in somewhat chronological order? I know that Mysterious
      > Affair at Styles was the first one, and Curtain is the last one.
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > Happy new year.
      >
      > Agnes
    • John R. Mizell
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2003
        You can check this web page:

        http://hem.passagen.se/orange/poirot.htm

        Happy New Year!

        John

        "lillimom " wrote:

        > Hi everyone.
        >
        > I just joined this group. My name is Agnes, I live in Colorado, USA.
        >
        > Just treated myself to several of the Poirot movies, both the feature
        > length and the hour-long ones. Now I feel like I have to re-read all
        > the books. My question is, does anyone have a list of all the Poirot
        > mysteries in somewhat chronological order? I know that Mysterious
        > Affair at Styles was the first one, and Curtain is the last one.
        >
        > Thanks.
        >
        > Happy new year.
        >
        > Agnes

      • Suzanne Kingsley
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1, 2003
          Christian:
          I just followed this link to your site and it has really grown! I know I
          thank you every year for all the hard work you do on your site, but I must
          thank you again. Hope you have a wonderful New Year!

          Suzanne

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • lillimom <lillimom@yahoo.com>
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 1, 2003
            You guys are great!!

            Thanks.

            Happy New year.

            Agnes

            --- In GAdetection@yahoogroups.com, "John R. Mizell" <jmizzell@s...>
            wrote:
            > You can check this web page:
            >
            > http://hem.passagen.se/orange/poirot.htm
            >
            > Happy New Year!
            >
            > John
            >

            > "lillimom " wrote:
            >
            > > Hi everyone.
            > >
            > > I just joined this group. My name is Agnes, I live in Colorado,
            USA.

            > > Just treated myself to several of the Poirot movies, both the
            feature
            > > length and the hour-long ones. Now I feel like I have to re-read
            all
            > > the books. My question is, does anyone have a list of all the
            Poirot
            > > mysteries in somewhat chronological order? I know that Mysterious
            > > Affair at Styles was the first one, and Curtain is the last one.
            > >
            > > Thanks.
            > >
            > > Happy new year.
            > >
            > > Agnes

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          • Joe Hoffman
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 2, 2003
              Welcome to the group Agnes. Christian, one of our "on-the-other'side-of-the-pond" members, has a wonderful website called Christian's cool bibliography page. I don't know the www. offhand, but it lists all the Christie books in order of publication, (among other GAD writers) including the detectives in each book. Maybe Christian will chime in and give you the ww address... or when I log on later, I'll hunt for it.

              In any event, welcome again and post often.

              Anita
              Coral Gables, Fl
              I just joined this group. My name is Agnes, I live in Colorado, USA.

              Just treated myself to several of the Poirot movies, both the feature
              length and the hour-long ones. Now I feel like I have to re-read all
              the books. My question is, does anyone have a list of all the Poirot
              mysteries in somewhat chronological order? I know that Mysterious
              Affair at Styles was the first one, and Curtain is the last one.

              Thanks.

              Happy new year.

              Agnes

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor