Re: [GAdetection] H.C. Bailey

  • Bill Vande Water
    Message 1 of 40 , Jul 22, 2001
      At 12:17 PM 7/22/01 -0400,Anita wrote:
      There is a book on e-bay called The Highwayman, dated 1915, by H.C. Bailey. The earliest book I am aware of by Bailey is 1920. Does anyone know if this is a "lost" Fortune book, or what?

      According to Reilly's Twentieth Century Crime and Mystery Writers, this was a non-mystery novel by Bailey, his 15th novel
      Let me know if you decide to get it.  It would be fun to hear how he did with another genre.
      Best Regards
      Bill
      Message 40 of 40 , Mar 10, 2005
        In view of the quantity and quality of the Tom Swifties received I have
        decided to forego a poll and just declare all the contributors Jolly Good
        Fellows.

        Anyone else who would like to submit a GAD-related quiz or competition to
        the group is invited to do so - though preferably one at a time. Contact me
        privately if you want to discuss this.