Re: [GAdetection] overlooked golden age crime writer Henry Wade

  • Allan Griffith
    Message 1 of 5 , May 15, 2013
      On 15 May 2013 19:30, curt evans <praed_street@...> wrote:

      > http://thepassingtramp.blogspot.com/2012/02/golden-age-greats-1-henry-wade-dying.html
      >
      > There�s a long section in him in a book I�m hoping to have published this
      > year.
      >
      > Curt

      His books are, sadly, very hard to get hold of. He really does deserve to
      have his books made available to modern readers.

      It's truly astonishing how many notable golden age detective writers have
      fallen out of print.

      Al

    • Monica Van oostrom
      Message 2 of 5 , May 16, 2013
        That is great news, Curt.  Was this the section that had to be omitted from the Humdrums book?

        I have read about 2/3 of his books, I should put another one near the top of the TBR pile :)

        Monica

        From: Allan Griffith <mailto:dfordoom%40gmail.com>
        To: mailto:GAdetection%40yahoogroups.com
        Date: Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 10:25 PM

        Another overlooked golden age crime writer is Henry Wade (who was

        actually Sir Henry Lancelot Aubrey-Fletcher, 6th Baronet). I've just read

        his 1929 novel THE DUKE OF YORK'S STEPS. It's a fine example of the golden

        age style.

        Al