Re: [GAdetection] overlooked golden age crime writer Henry Wade

  • curt evans
    Message 1 of 5 , May 15, 2013
      http://thepassingtramp.blogspot.com/2012/02/golden-age-greats-1-henry-wade-dying.html

      There’s a long section in him in a book I’m hoping to have published this year.

      Curt

      From: Allan Griffith <mailto:dfordoom%40gmail.com>
      To: mailto:GAdetection%40yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 10:25 PM

      Another overlooked golden age crime writer is Henry Wade (who was

      actually Sir Henry Lancelot Aubrey-Fletcher, 6th Baronet). I've just read

      his 1929 novel THE DUKE OF YORK'S STEPS. It's a fine example of the golden

      age style.

      Al

    • Allan Griffith
      Message 2 of 5 , May 15, 2013
        On 15 May 2013 19:30, curt evans <praed_street@...> wrote:

        > http://thepassingtramp.blogspot.com/2012/02/golden-age-greats-1-henry-wade-dying.html
        >
        > There�s a long section in him in a book I�m hoping to have published this
        > year.
        >
        > Curt

        His books are, sadly, very hard to get hold of. He really does deserve to
        have his books made available to modern readers.

        It's truly astonishing how many notable golden age detective writers have
        fallen out of print.

        Al

      • Monica Van oostrom
        Message 3 of 5 , May 16, 2013
          That is great news, Curt.  Was this the section that had to be omitted from the Humdrums book?

          I have read about 2/3 of his books, I should put another one near the top of the TBR pile :)

          Monica