overlooked golden age crime writer Henry Wade

  • Allan Griffith
    Message 1 of 5 , May 14 8:25 PM
      Another overlooked golden age crime writer is Henry Wade (who was
      actually Sir Henry Lancelot Aubrey-Fletcher, 6th Baronet). I've just read
      his 1929 novel THE DUKE OF YORK'S STEPS. It's a fine example of the golden
      age style.

      Al

    • bobhouk
      Message 2 of 5 , May 14 9:09 PM
        This is the only Wade book I have read (though I also have The Hanging Captain somewhere). I agree that it is quite enjoyable.
        Bob

        Message 3 of 5 , May 15 2:30 AM
          http://thepassingtramp.blogspot.com/2012/02/golden-age-greats-1-henry-wade-dying.html

          There’s a long section in him in a book I’m hoping to have published this year.

          Curt

          Message 4 of 5 , May 15 3:54 AM
            On 15 May 2013 19:30, curt evans <praed_street@...> wrote:

            > http://thepassingtramp.blogspot.com/2012/02/golden-age-greats-1-henry-wade-dying.html
            >
            > There�s a long section in him in a book I�m hoping to have published this
            > year.
            >
            > Curt

            His books are, sadly, very hard to get hold of. He really does deserve to
            have his books made available to modern readers.

            It's truly astonishing how many notable golden age detective writers have
            fallen out of print.

            Al

          • Monica Van oostrom
            Message 5 of 5 , May 16 2:57 PM
              That is great news, Curt.  Was this the section that had to be omitted from the Humdrums book?

              I have read about 2/3 of his books, I should put another one near the top of the TBR pile :)

              Monica