Re: William Desmond Taylor

  • Jeffrey Marks
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2013
      Mike

      Also some of the main characters were still alive when it was written.
      Gardner, ever the lawyer, walked very cautiously around the case to
      ensure he stayed on the good side of the libel laws. That might
      explain in part why he relied on newspapers, since he would only be
      quoting existing sources, rather than be stating his own opinions.

      --
      Jeffrey Marks
      www.jeffreymarks.com