Re: 'Burglars in Bucks' (1930)

  • Carola
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 8, 2012
      'Burglars in Bucks' (1930)
      [a.k.a. THE BERKSHIRE MYSTERY]

      Bucks or Berks? Two very different counties, though next door to each other.

      Carola
      PS My 3rd Cornish Mystery, The Valley of the Shadow, comes out on Tuesday. Set around 1970--so not GAD.

      <http://CarolaDunn.Weebly.com> & Facebook
      GONE WEST-20th Daisy Dalrymple mystery-England 1920s
      tHE VALLEY OF THE SHADOW-3rd Cornish Mystery
      Regencies galore, all now in e-books
    • miketooney49
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 8, 2012
        Carola - John has the book, but the cover scans
        with his review clearly show 'Burglars in BUCKS.'

        =================================

        --- In GAdetection@yahoogroups.com, "Carola" <caroladunn@...> wrote:

        > 'Burglars in Bucks' (1930)
        > [a.k.a. THE BERKSHIRE MYSTERY]
        >
        > Bucks or Berks? Two very different counties, though next door to each other.
        >
        > Carola
        > PS My 3rd Cornish Mystery, The Valley of the Shadow, comes out on Tuesday. Set around 1970--so not GAD.
        >

        > <http://CarolaDunn.Weebly.com> & Facebook
        > GONE WEST-20th Daisy Dalrymple mystery-England 1920s
        > tHE VALLEY OF THE SHADOW-3rd Cornish Mystery
        > Regencies galore, all now in e-books

      • Vegetableduck
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 8, 2012
          Definitely Bucks. Very alliterative, and the Coles followed it with Corpse in Canonicals.

          What should have been next? Dead'un in Durham?

          Curt