Re: 'The Mousetrap' (1952 play)

  • alanjbishop1
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2012
      I, too, enjoyed seeing The Mousetrap and never revealed the solution - apart from writing down my solution on my programme to reveal to my partner of the time at the end ... correctly! (insert smug smiley here)
      I'm seeing a production of this in Nottingham next year with my wife - and I still refuse to blab!

      --- In GAdetection@yahoogroups.com, "spencewt" <spencewt@...> wrote:

      > I saw it circa 1977, and have never blabbed in all those years - and never will!
      >

      > --- In GAdetection@yahoogroups.com, "miketooney49" <miketooney49@> wrote:
      > >
      > > AC's work celebrates 60 years and 25,000 performances:
      > >
      > > "Ever since the opening night, each performance has
      > > finished with the audience being asked not to tell
      > > anyone the identity of the murderer.
      > >
      > > "One of the actors says at the end of the play: 'Now
      > > you have seen 'The Mousetrap' you are our partners
      > > in crime, and we ask you to preserve the tradition
      > > by keeping the secret of whodunit locked in your
      > > hearts'."
      > >
      > > <http://tinyurl.com/c68we2j>

    • Mr Molesack
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2012
        I suggest that anyone who intends to see the play stays away from Christopher Fowler's Blog. He despises the play so much that he has written a post where he reveals the solution in the title of the post. I realise that he thinks that the thing is rubbish, and is taking up a lovely theatre that could be showing something else, but it does come across as rather mean spirited of him.

        --- In GAdetection@yahoogroups.com, "alanjbishop1" <alanjbishop1@...> wrote:

        > I, too, enjoyed seeing The Mousetrap and never revealed the solution - apart from writing down my solution on my programme to reveal to my partner of the time at the end ... correctly! (insert smug smiley here)
        > I'm seeing a production of this in Nottingham next year with my wife - and I still refuse to blab!
        >
        > --- In GAdetection@yahoogroups.com, "spencewt" <spencewt@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I saw it circa 1977, and have never blabbed in all those years - and never will!
        > >

        > > --- In GAdetection@yahoogroups.com, "miketooney49" <miketooney49@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > AC's work celebrates 60 years and 25,000 performances:
        > > >
        > > > "Ever since the opening night, each performance has
        > > > finished with the audience being asked not to tell
        > > > anyone the identity of the murderer.
        > > >
        > > > "One of the actors says at the end of the play: 'Now
        > > > you have seen 'The Mousetrap' you are our partners
        > > > in crime, and we ask you to preserve the tradition
        > > > by keeping the secret of whodunit locked in your
        > > > hearts'."
        > > >
        > > > <http://tinyurl.com/c68we2j>

      • Mike Detlefsen
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2012
          Agreed. I read his blog regularly and it didn't bother me that he gave away the solution, as I will never get to see the play.

          But yes, 'mean-spirited' pretty much covers it.

          Mike