Re: New poll for GAdetection

    Message 1 of 31 , Dec 1, 2002
      No idea. I was whacked when I did that. (It may be that the poll
      structure as set up on Yahoo Groups is too cumbersome to be useful.
      It's much more interesting to get members' top-5 lists or whatever
      along with explanations in regular postings.) One trouble with polls
      is that there is only the pollster's select list, like a Saddam
      Hussein election ballot -- no place for 'none of the above'.

      Message 31 of 31 , Jun 29, 2007
        Wentworth is still in print - and can be bought in most big chain bookshops in Australia. She's also a lending library staple. This makes her much less obscure than, for instance, John Dickson Carr! (Whether she's a better writer is debatable.)

        "Six hours in the spiritual abyss, and all because I never thought of the dentist! Such a simple, such a beautiful and peaceful thought! Friends, we have passed a night in hell; but now the sun is risen, the birds are singing, and the radiant form of the dentist consoles the world."
        --GK Chesterton, 'The Honour of Israel Gow'