Re: Classic Novels Get Erotic Makeover

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 5, 2012
      --- In GAdetection@yahoogroups.com, "Vegetableduck" <praed_street@...> wrote:

      > I liked how they dealt with that in the Sherlock Holmes series with Cumberbatch, it's more a satire of modern society and its assumptions about people. Watson has to spend half his time explaining to people that he's Not Gay!

      Let's not forget that that "Sherlock" series had Irene Adler as a domintrix who introduced herself to Sherlock when she was nude.
    • jeffrey1marks
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 5, 2012
        Al,

        Since I'm working on a biography of Perry Mason's creator, I hear lots of speculation on Perry and Della. I think that any time there is a rather ambiguous relationship between 2 characters in fiction, readers will fill in the blanks as they will.

        Jeff

        --- In GAdetection@yahoogroups.com, Allan Griffith <dfordoom@...> wrote:

        > On 5 August 2012 20:38, Last Century Detective
        > <lastcenturydetective@...> wrote:
        > > And I have sneaky suspicion what the "missing scenes" in Sherlock Holmes will amount to. Holmes will turn out to be bisexual and has to choose between Irene and Watson. He eventually comes back in "The Empty House" because he has made up his mind: he wants Watson. :P
        >
        > Yep. It's so predictable. And so tedious. The "Holmes is gay" idea has
        > been around for years. Because, you know, if two men are friends they
        > must be gay.
        >
        > Al

      • Carola
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 5, 2012
          As long as they don't frighten the horses...

          Carola
          <http://CarolaDunn.Weebly.com> & Facebook
          GONE WEST-20th Daisy Dalrymple mystery-England 1920s
          Cornish Mysteries: MANNA FROM HADES, A COLOURFUL DEATH
          Regencies galore, all now in e-books