MacKinlay Kantor and Favorite Mysteries

  • Last century Detective
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2 5:54 AM
      My apologies if this ends up as a double post, but something went wrong during my previous attempt. Not sure if it's gone for good, or if it will unexpectedly turn up again over the next 24 hours. Anyway...

      My review of Kantor's short story collection, IT'S ABOUT CRIME:

      <http://moonlight-detective.blogspot.com/2012/07/having-wonderful-crime.html>

      I have redone and extended my list of favorite mysteries from 100 to 150:

      <http://moonlight-detective.blogspot.nl/2011/06/my-100-favorite-mysteries.html>

    • Lisa Shevin
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 10, 2012
        i live just across the river. what bookstore are you referring to? I would love to go there.

        To: gadetection@yahoogroups.com
        From: go_leafs_nation@...
        Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 14:01:00 -0700
        Subject: [GAdetection] Recent Acquisitions

        You know, a half hour ago, I left a bookstore in my old home town of Windsor, Ontario, Canada with a bagful of books by Michael Gilbert, Anthony Gilbert, Richard S. Prather, Colin Dexter, and Raymond Postgate... only to regret leaving behind stuff by Craig Rice, Ed McBain, Stuart Palmer, some fellow named John Dickson Carr, another fellow named Rex Stout (have no idea who he was, though apparently he did spinoff novels from the Nero Wolfe TV series ;) )...

        I'm spoiled rotten, aren't I?

      • Patrick O
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 10, 2012
          Lisa, the bookstore is called Juniper Books, and their selection is pretty good. An entire room is devoted to mysteries.

          ________________________________
          i live just across the river. what bookstore are you referring to? I would love to go there.

          To: gadetection@yahoogroups.com
          From: go_leafs_nation@...
          Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 14:01:00 -0700

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 12, 2012
            sounds wonderful. I will definitely be paying them a visit! thanks, lisa

            To: GAdetection@yahoogroups.com
            From: go_leafs_nation@...
            Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 08:51:32 -0700

            To: gadetection@yahoogroups.com

            From: go_leafs_nation@...

            Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 14:01:00 -0700

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 8, 2013
              On my blog today I go through my most recent bookstore carnage, tallying up the casualties and trying to justify the necessity for this operation:

              <http://at-scene-of-crime.blogspot.ca/2013/10/the-acquisitive-chuckle-ii-desperate.html>