Anthony Gilbert Question

  • Last Century Detective
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 1, 2011
      In the upcoming weeks, I will be flooding my blog with reviews of Anthony Gilbert's detective novels and was wondering if this group could provide me with a few recommendations.

      I already have these books lined up and comments are more than welcome:

      DEATH AT THE DOOR (I expect this one in the mail today and according to a brief synopsis in another book there's a locked room murder).
      THE BLACK STAGE
      THE BODY ON THE BEAM
      DIE IN THE DARK

      Thanks! :)

      My review of SOMETHING NASTY IN THE WOODSHED: <http://moonlight-detective.blogspot.com/2011/10/deceitful-cupid.html>
      My review of THE SCARLET BUTTON: <http://moonlight-detective.blogspot.com/2011/10/along-came-spider.html>
    • bethfoxwell
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 6, 2011
        Would welcome discussion of _The Woman in Red_ (1943), basis for film _My Name Is Julia Ross_ (1945, with Nina Foch and Dame May Whitty).

        Elizabeth Foxwell
        Managing Editor, _Clues: A Journal of Detection_
        http://www.cluesjournal.com

        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 6, 2011
          Elizabeth,

          I'll be on the look-out for a copy of that book.

          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 6, 2011
            As I mentioned towards the end of my review, scholars would've a field picking this book apart. Yes, that's an aweful tease on my part. ;D

            Full review: <http://moonlight-detective.blogspot.com/2011/11/shelter-from-rainy-past.html>
          • Valerie Zwirn
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 12, 2011
              The "Adolescent Stresses," rev. of The Burden, New York Times Literary
              Supplement, December 1956:725 footnote that I was searching for came from
              an article titled A Hidden Body in the Library: Mary Westmacott, Agatha
              Christie, and Emotional Violence by Sarah E. Whitney in Volume 29, Number 1
              of Clues. I see Elilzabeth Foxwell, the managing editor of Clues, is a
              member of this group and might be of help? Thanks.

              Valerie Zwirn