Re: [GAdetection] Re: No Friendly Drop

  • Monica Van oostrom
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2011
      Good grief, so it is...  I purchased my very good hard cover in 2009 for $US5.50plus US$13 shipping.  I think that qualifies as my best ever "investment".

      Monica

      ________________________________
      From: Vegetableduck <praed_street@...>
      Subject: [GAdetection] Re: No Friendly Drop
      To: GAdetection@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, July 31, 2011, 4:33 PM

      Amen to this!

      Curt

      --- In GAdetection@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick O" <go_leafs_nation@...> wrote:

      > The next author in the Crime Kings lineup is Henry Wade, whose books "No Friendly Drop" is just brilliant. What really surprised me was having a nobleman engage in social commentary and single-handedly blowing up several myths about the Golden Age:
      >
      > <http://at-scene-of-crime.blogspot.com/2011/07/they-love-not-poison.html>
      >
      > It's a highly entertaining read and Wade is guaranteed to show up again in the future.

    • Last Century Detective
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1, 2011
        I wrote a short overview of the life and career of Dutch crime writer, Appie Baantjer, who passed away almost a year ago – and at the end of it, I have request for every mystery enthusiast with a blog.

        <http://moonlight-detective.blogspot.com/2011/08/amsterdam-policeman-remembering-appie.html>