Norma Schier's "The Anagram Detectives"

  • Last Century Detective
    Message 1 of 89 , May 1, 2011
      I just posted a lengthy review on my blog of Norma Schier's brilliant "The Anagram Detective," which is the only short story collection I have ever read without any real duds.

      <http://moonlight-detective.blogspot.com/2011/05/redrum-and-other-mirecs.html>
      Message 89 of 89 , Oct 27, 2014
        Illustrated by Edward Gorey, of course.

        Jon.

        On 28/10/14 01:24, Mary Reed maywrite@... [GAdetection] wrote:

        A Narrative Involving Criminal Intent sounds like the title of a lost Victorian detective story. Possibilities there for an interesting novel...

        As ever
        Mary R

        So I don't understand what ditching the regular, mainstream crime-and thriller novels (after all that pandering) will achieve them in the long run. Do they seriously just want to read serious literature and pick out the pieces that makes it qualify as "A Narrative Involving Criminal Intent"? That sure sounds exciting.

        Posted by: Mary Reed <maywrite@...>