Re: 'Sherlock Holmes' (1951, failed TV pilot)

  • alanjbishop1
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2011
      Odd, isn't it, how much Holmsian production is either overlooked or lost. Recently, in a sale in a Past Times shop, I got a dvd box set of The Sherlock Holmes Casebook (mid-1950's), starring Ronald Howard as Sherlock and H. Marion-Crawford as Watson. Filmed in France as a tv series, I admit it's watchable as a black and white comedy series - even though it tries to be serious at times. Perhaps it's this inadvertant pastiche element which consigned it to the dusty archives.