RE: John Dickson Carr

  • Bernadette Pajer
    Message 1 of 62 , Oct 30, 2010
      Thanks, I've made note of your suggestions! And you are so right about books
      being friends, or not. I've always found that aspect of reading comforting.
      Since I can't possibly read every book written, I'm glad to know I wouldn't want
      to read them all. It also gives me faith that in an already very crowded world
      of books, my books will find a few friends. : )

      >HE WHO WHISPERS/ THE CROOKED HINGE / A GRAVEYARD TO LET / CASE OF THE CONSTANT
      >SUICIDES / THE DEPARTMENT OF QUEER COMPLAINTS / CURSE OF THE BRONZE LAMP / TILL
      >DEATH DO US PART

      Will keep you going for a while. I particularly enjoyed these titles, although
      you might prefer some of the others. Reading a book is a bit like meeting
      someone new. You could end up trying to dump them after only a few minutes, or
      else you might end up with a friend for life!<

      Bernadette of Josephine's Books
      http://josephinesbooks.wordpress.com/

    • John
      Message 62 of 62 , Jan 27, 2011
        Derek Smith's unpublished novella was called "Model for Murder." Although "Whistle Up the Devil" gets a little hard to follow towards the end, I consider the first murder among the most brilliant in locked room history.

        John