A short heads-up

  • alanjbishop1
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2010
      This month's update of the Criminal-History website includes Roger Hudson reviews Andrew Pepper's "The Last Days of Newgate" while regular contributor L. J. Roberts looks to "The Ravens of Blackwater" by Edward Marston and "A Treasury of Regrets" by Susanne Alleyn. My own contributions are "Lestrade and The Hallowed House" by M.J.Trow and "The Affair of the Mutilated Mink" by James Anderson. Finally, the free-to-enter competition is for a VHS 2-cassette copy of Sayers' "Unpleasantness At The Bellona Club".

      Always worth a dip in and browse - everyone welcome to read and contribute!
    • susanriaz
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2010
        Is James Anderson a psudonym? I am sure one of you know who 'he' really is.

        I read his books a few years ago and really liked them.

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2010
          In the bio in his books, it doesn't openly state it's a "nom de plume". Born in Swindon but lived in or near Cardiff all his life. 14 novels & one play published before his death in 2007.

          I, too, enjoy his 30's "Cosy" books a lot!