Re: [GAdetection] e.r. punshon

  • Tony Medawar
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 4, 2010
      How about this, Anita ... it's a small advertisement for the book from an Australian newspaper http://newspapers.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/4683431
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Anita Hoffman
      To: Golden Age of Detectives
      Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 5:07 PM
      Subject: [GAdetection] e.r. punshon

      I collect E.R. Punshon, and came across a book by him that I cannot find listed anywhere. It is called "Promise of Dawn", 1921, and published by Ward, Lock & Co.
      Is this a mystery? Probably not Travers, but a stand alone? One of his early criminalist books? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks in advance,

      Anita

    • Nick Fuller
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 4, 2010
        Dear Tony,

        Thanks for pointing out this resource, which has been under my nose all this time!  Some interesting detective fiction reviews.  Oddly, the Gladys Mitchell reviews in the Sydney Morning Herald are two to three times longer than the British ones!

        Nick