Re: Re: [GAdetection] House of Stratus - and ebooks

  • billvw@alumni.drew.edu
    Message 1 of 44 , Sep 7, 2001
      Speaking of e texts I recently found Carolyn Wells Technique of the Mystery Story online at the Gaslight website.
      >http://gaslight.mtroyal.ab.ca/ToMmenu.htm<
      This is a very early manual on writing mysteries, with some solid hints and much that is now quite dated. But a fascinating look at the genre during the first decades of the century.
      Bill (who spends much of his time lurking, but misses very few posts)
    • Sam Karnick
      Message 44 of 44 , Sep 10, 2001
        Shirley,

        Thanks. That's interesting, but I haven't found any in the GAD mold, especially Gardner, Abbott, Rufus King, Van Dine, Boucher, Berkeley, Blake, and the like, or even popular authors such as Sayers, Christie, Stout, and Queen, for that matter. I'd be interested to know which of these and similar authors are available.

        Best w's,

        S. T. Karnick
        Editor in Chief, American Outlook (www.americanoutlook.org)
        Director of Publications, Hudson Institute (www.hudson.org)

        >>> snapshot2@... 09/09/01 06:16PM >>>
        That's how much eBooks cost. That's why I'm so far behind
        in my reading. I'm an eBook reviewer and I can guarantee
        you that there are many great eBooks out there. And in
        any genre you would like: Mystery, romance, horror,
        suspense,
        science fiction, children's, young adult's...etc.
        Just check out any review site and read some of the reviews.
        The publisher is always mentioned so it is easy to check
        them out as well. You'll find the prices for the books are
        much more budget friendly than print books, although many
        of our author's eBooks can be found in print also.
        Happy, and successful, hunting.
        Any questions, just write.
        The best
        Shirley