Re: Ecclesiastical detection

  • rauter25
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 5, 2009
      Ian,

      there's a good site here:

      http://homepage.ntlworld.com/philipg/detectives/intro.html

      Juergen

      --- In GAdetection@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Gomersall" <ian.gomersall@...> wrote:

      > Of course there is Fr Brown, but are there other Golden Age Detective clergy or stories set in ecclesiastical settings, that group members would recommend?
      >
      > ian

    • Nick Hay
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 6, 2009
        >>there's a good site here:

        http://homepage.ntlworld.com/philipg/detectives/intro.html

        Juergen<<

        Yes it is a fascinating and quirky site which I have used before.
        Ecclesiatical detection is a favourite of mine - among the moderns
        I would recommend Kate Charles, D.M.Greenwood or if you want
        scabrous satire Ruth Dudley Edwards' Matricide at St Marthas.

        NickH.
      • Margaret Walker
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 6, 2009
          Also Black Seraphim by Michael Gilbert.

          Margaret

          On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 11:43 PM, Jon <jonjermey@...> wrote:

          > Michael Gilbert -- Close Quarters
          > Ronald Knox -- The Three Taps -- not an ecclesiastical setting, but does
          > feature a Bishop.
          >
          > Jon.
          >

          > Ian Gomersall wrote:
          > > Of course there is Fr Brown, but are there other Golden Age Detective
          > clergy or stories set in ecclesiastical settings, that group members would
          > recommend?
          > >
          > > ian

        • Jeffrey Marks
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 6, 2009
            Anthony Boucher's Sister Ursula stories...

            Jeffrey Marks
            www.jeffreymarks.com
            Check out my website for news about my books and marketing tips of the month
            Atomic Renaissance: Women Mystery Writers of the 1940s/1950s
            Who Was That Lady? Craig Rice: The Queen of the Screwball Mystery
            Anthony Boucher: A Biobibliography -- now out

          • Ian Gomersall
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 24, 2011
              Hi

              Reviewing some old messages I came across:

              "

              --- In GAdetection@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Hay" <nick@...> wrote:

              > >>there's a good site here:
              >
              > http://homepage.ntlworld.com/philipg/detectives/intro.html
              >
              > Juergen<<
              >
              > Yes it is a fascinating and quirky site which I have used before.
              > Ecclesiatical detection is a favourite of mine - among the moderns
              > I would recommend Kate Charles, D.M.Greenwood or if you want
              > scabrous satire Ruth Dudley Edwards' Matricide at St Marthas.
              >
              > NickH."

              Unfortunately the llink in that message doesn't work now. Help please!

              Ian Our church blog: www.stchrysostoms.wordpress.com

            • M1keB
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 24, 2011
                Ian Gomersall wrote:

                > Reviewing some old messages I came across:

                > <http://homepage.ntlworld.com/philipg/detectives/intro.html>

                > Unfortunately the link in that message doesn't work now. Help please!

                It's moved to:

                <http://www.detecs.org/>

                Mike Blake