Re: "New" Carr/Dickson Books

  • vegetableduck
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2008
      I kind of like The Crooked Hinge cover, the one for the Judas Window
      is blah, as well as having the problem you point out.

      Wouldn't facsimile covers be nice, though? I see they rather did
      one for Shadow on the Wall.

      It's nice to see Carr back in print after ten years, but I wonder if
      the fact that he's now being reprinted by a small house that
      specializes in neglected authors indicates something of a decline in
      stature for him? Are big publishers no longer interested in Carr?
      It's a shame if so. He should be not only reprinted, he should be
      getting his books adapted for television.

      Curt

      --- In GAdetection@yahoogroups.com, "monescu4" <monescu4@...> wrote:

      > Is anyone else bothered a bit by the cover art of the Rue Morgue
      > editions of the two Carr books? The one for "Crooked Hinge" seems
      > give an inaccurate (at least in terms of size, and very likely in
      terms
      > of shape) idea of the title phrase. And the cover for "Judas
      Window"
      > clearly displays an important fact about the murder method,
      something
      > which doesn't get revealed until well into the book (admittedly,
      an
      > American edition of the book once did the same thing right in the
      > wording of the title, but that still doesn't make it right). I
      don't
      > mind them putting central clues on the cover art, but the correct
      > interpretations (or, on the other hand, misleading
      representations) of