The Blue Gardenia (Fritz Lang)

  • Michael E. Grost
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2008
      Can't resist recommending "The Blue Gardenia", a thriller to be shown
      next week on TCM. This directed is by the great Fritz Lang. Until
      recently, this film was rarely shown, but now TCM has made it widely
      available.
      There is a lot about The Blue Gardenia, and other films by Lang, in my
      web-book on Fritz Lang:
      http://members.aol.com/MG4273/lang.htm

      Please don't read this till AFTER you've seen "The Blue Gardenia" -
      there might be spoilers.

      Mike Grost
      PS "Blowup" is a great film. But anyone who watches it expecting a
      crime thriller is going to be mad as heck. It's an avant-garde,
      experimental drama filled with left wing social commentary. There are
      comments on this in my article on the director, Michelangelo Antonioni:
      http://members.aol.com/MG4273/antonion.htm