Hmmm...

  • Mary Reed
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2007
      Sez John:

      I'm not familiar with the real Whispering Knights, but yes, these are a
      circle of standing stones,

      And I sez:

      I wonder if the stones at Great Rollright were the inspiration. There's
      three lots. The circle itself, the Knights in a nearby field, and a huge
      King Stone down the road. I won't retell the legend explaining their
      placement and names, but here's some jolly

      pixhttp://www.rollrightstones.co.uk/gallery_knights.shtml from a site
      devoted to the stones:

      I recall being told if you try to count the stones in the ring you will
      never get the same total twice, and that further a clever clogs tried to do
      it by numbering the stones in sequence with chalk. But when he went round
      again to check, one of the numbers was upside down and in green!

      As ever
      Mary R