Honoring writers

  • Douglas G. Greene
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2006
      The JDC Centennial reminds me that it is often better to honmr a writer
      when s/he is still alive. We have just done that in association with
      the London's famed Detection Club for HRK Keating's 80th birthday --
      THE VERDICT OF US ALL, STORIES BY THE DETECTION CLUB FOR HRF KEATING.
      It contains NEW stories by such writers as PD James, Simon Brett,
      Reginald Hill, Colin Dexter (about Inspector Lewis), Bob Barnard,
      Catherine Aird, Len Deighton, Jonathan Gash and others.

      It is quite an honor to be associated with Harry and with the Detection
      Club. I attended the Annual Dinner this year, was the Guest Speaker,
      witnessed the famous ritual for inducting new members (Peter Robinson
      this year), and presented Harry with the completed book -- he was, as
      the Brits put it, completely gobsmacked.

      Doug