RE: [GAdetection] The mysterious photo

    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 4, 2006
      This is almost certainly completely wrong, but it isn't Poe, is it? Just something about the forehead and the hair strikes me as vaguely Poeish.

      Jon Jermey <jonjermey@...> wrote: Hi Doug - that's the question...

      Jon.

      ---------------------------------

      "a citizen of the Universe, and a gentleman to boot"

      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 5, 2006
        Jon wrote:

        >Hi Doug - that's the question...

        Be good, Jon. Give us some clues.

      • Warren Malach
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 5, 2006
          It looks like British World War One Prime Minister David Lloyd George, about
          whom they used to sing the nonsense song "Lloyd George knew my father, My
          father knew Lloyd George." Some, thinking of his extramarital relations,
          sang "Lloyd George knew my father, my father WAS Lloyd George!" --Warren

          >From: "Jon Jermey" <jonjermey@...>
          >To: <GAdetection@yahoogroups.com>
          >Subject: RE: [GAdetection] The mysterious photo
          >Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 10:32:22 -0800
          >

          >OK..
          >

          >Clue 1 - the photo is scanned from the back of a green Penguin paperback.
          >

          >Next clue tomorrow..
          >

          >Jon.

        • Douglas G. Greene
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 6, 2006
            I can't identify him all. He looks a bit like Eden Phillpotts . . .

            Doug

            --- In GAdetection@yahoogroups.com, Nicholas Fuller <stoke_moran@...>
            wrote:

            > This is almost certainly completely wrong, but it isn't Poe, is
            it? Just something about the forehead and the hair strikes me as
            vaguely Poeish.

            > Jon Jermey <jonjermey@...> wrote: Hi Doug - that's the question...
            >
            > Jon.

            Service.

            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 6, 2006
              OK..

              Clue 1 - the photo is scanned from the back of a green Penguin paperback.

              Next clue tomorrow..

              Jon.

            • Lynne
              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 6, 2006
                > >Clue 1 - the photo is scanned from the back of a green Penguin
                paperback.

                > >Jon.

                Wilkie Collins?

                LC
              • Warren Malach
                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 6, 2006
                  Rudyard Kipling? --Warren

                • Tomenid@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 6, 2006
                    It does look a little like Eden Phillpotts but more like Robert Louis
                    Stevenson, though I recall Stevenson's jaw being a bit more angular.
                    Tom

                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 6, 2006
                      Some information or clue about the period would be quite welcome. I
                      guess he is not a Golden Ager, but knowing whether he was a victorian
                      or an edwardian might point to the right direction.

                    • Lynne
                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 6, 2006
                        I cheated and asked my friend Bevis (who is lurking on this list
                        somewhere). He says - c e vulliamy from the back of Don among the
                        Dead Men.

                        He knows everything.

                        Lynne
                      • harry_vincent_31
                        Message 11 of 15 , Feb 7, 2006
                          --- In GAdetection@yahoogroups.com, "Jon Jermey" <jonjermey@...> wrote:

                          > Another new host is up...pseudonyms are acceptable.
                          >
                          > Jon.

                          Leslie Ford?
                          Message 12 of 15 , Feb 7, 2006
                            Another new host is up...pseudonyms are acceptable.

                            Message 13 of 15 , Feb 9, 2006
                              Correct!
                              Jon